Friday, May 2, 2014

Google wins, a tragedy for #competition and the consumer


A sad day for competition today. I just received an email from CONTAXE a German contextual web advertising company which competes against Google's dominant advertising service. I myself have used this service and am currently using Google. I think the service was great and admit to only be using Google because I real have no other choice. There were simply are not enough advertisers CONTAXES to make the contextual system work well and ads serve were not relevant enough to be successful. Of course without publisher support like mine it must have been hard to attract advertisers a catch 22 situation for which advertisers and consumer will ultimately pay.


I encourage anyone reading this to talk about other alternative in the comments so that we can help keep competition alive.


Here is the translated email for you:







from Andrew Brett Watson.com

No comments: