Friday, September 18, 2009

Not the Apple fanboi this week. In fact I'm feeling like .. Apple sucks

Turns out my brother was right Apple sucks.

Well, ok he didn't say that, in actual fact he agrees that the Mac is a great piece of technology and although we've had some heated discussion on the Mac vs PC front, we both pretty much agree we want MAC's.

Let me start by saying. I want a Mac. I have owned MACs and understand the value of the Mac OS. I have been patient. I have been waiting a long time to get my Mac. First I waited for Leopard (but couldn't afford a MAC at the time...), then I waited for a new mac Mini (I want a mini because I have a good keyboard, mouse and monitor), I still wasn't able to afford one. Finally I got back into the position of having more disposable cash. I'm ready to but a MAC, except...

... I've run into a snag, one that my brother is quick to point out and he's right. I can't get a machine capable of playing decent games (eg Left 4 Dead) without robbing a bank.

Apple has, you see, a very limited range. To some this is a boon because they don't want a lot of choice. I too think too much choice can sometimes be a bad thing, but at the moment I'm finding the reverse to be true because there simply isn't a Mac which meets my needs.

I want a Mac built with gaming in mind, that means with a decent graphics card. Neither the mini or the iMac have good enough graphics even for last years games.

So tell me Apple, what should I do? I ready, I've got cash, and I'm not asking for graphics super power, just something that would give me respectable gaming performance.

Update: I just purchase a Nvidia Geforce GFX 260 for my PC, putting off my Mac purchase indefinately. Now however I'm thinking, if I buy the right motherboard and CPU (under €200 more), I can make a Hackintosh... something I wanted to avoid. HELP ME APPLE: Make a mid range 'tower' (it doesn't need to be a tower, a cool fresh Apple design would rock!). - Please ..?

No comments: