Sunday, March 6, 2016

Diesel should never be this cheap! @Greenpeace @climateprogress @TreeHugger @teslamotors @EnviroAction #environmental

When some people look the picture below (I took at the pump this week) they might be happy. Perhaps even the majority. I'm not. I'm disgusted. I think fossil fuels should be expensive, or at the very least we should have a system in place to stop the price dropping. Why? Because people are stupid. Thinking about their own personal benefit instead of the future of the planet, which is ironically is more personally beneficial than saving a few bucks today. If that´s not stupid I don't know what is.

We need oil prices to be high. People don't care about working to reduce our reliance on fossil fuel unless it hits them in the pocket. Yes, there was even a part of me that was happy about how cheap it was, but a bigger part of me knew what this means and just thought: This. Is. Shit.

Here's hoping more companies follow #teslamotors and say "enough is enough, there is only one way forward - environmentally conscious transport" (my quote not theirs). Anything else is just soiling our own nest.

Diesel at 87 cents at the petrol pump

 

 

 



from Andrew Brett Watson.com

No comments: